Monday, February 06, 2006

Some quick post Super Bowl thoughts…

- Did anyone else get the feeling that the referees were rooting for Pittsburgh too? Just about every Seattle play over twenty yards was called back for penalty, and Ben Roethlisberger FUMBLED before the ball crossed the plane. His (non)fumble now joins Rob Lyttle’s in the 1977 Denver/Oakland AFC Championship game, Tom Brady’s in the New England/Oakland AFC Playoff game, and, yes, Jeramy Stevens’ in the same game as fumbles-that-weren’t-fumbles in key moments. Hell, Big Ben came as close as Vinnie Testaverde did a few years ago against (ironically) the Seahawks.

- The FedEx caveman ad was by far the best, most original commercial of the day, followed by the monkeys lighting cigars with $20 bills for CareerBuilder.

- Am I just old, or is Sean P Do wah Diddy Puff Daddy a talentless hack?

- Puppy Bowl II was better than most of the first half.

- I was impressed by Randle-El taking the kidney shot and returning to throw a perfect TD pass until I learned he had been shot up with painkillers before the game for a troublesome shoulder.

- My son complained about the sideline reporters, saying “Why don’t they shut up and just play the game!” I was so proud.

- Tucker Max’s book is a hoot. I read about half of it during the game. My wife wanted to see some of the stories, but I fended her off. No need to prove what a sexist turd I am…

- Oooh, curling starts in a week.

- Where was Joe Montana during the parade of Super Bowl MVPs? The San Francisco Chronicle (who holds grudges longer than a Corleone) reports that he refused to show over appearance fees. More likely, he didn’t feel like spending time in Detroit in February…

- “When a Stranger Calls” was the top box office flick over the weekend. Ummm, is it still a suspenseful movie if you already know the ending? Here’s a clue, HE’S IN THE FRICKING HOUSE!

- 40 Super Bowls. I’m 42 years old. Coincidence?

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

I'm pretty sure that Montana was already in Detroit last week, because I heard him on a radio interview (broadcast from Detroit) pimping some medication.

Tucker Max book = Gold. Give it to the boy when he turns 16.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Todd said...

All us married guys live vicariously through the stories of Tucker Max. And the boy won't EVER see any of these stories, if I can help it.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Lebatron said...

Did you know that Tucker Max is being sued...AGAIN!? Check out my blog for more info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home