Tuesday, March 21, 2006

OCD

God, I'm pathetic. I got bounced quickly from a Party SnG last night (sign #1) and noticed that my remaining money wasn't readily divisible by $11 or $6 or a reasonable combination of the two, so I sat down for some blackjack (sign #2) with the $4 I needed to run up to $11 or lose completely to get my OCD-directed Party bankroll to a multiple of $11 (sign #3).

And I won. So despite the three signs of pathetic behavior (losing at Party, playing -EV games, letting minor OCD determine money management), I came out ahead. Is that a good thing?

Anyway, I'm intrigued by the lack of interest at FTP for the $500+35 satellite to the $50K Horse WSOP seat. Last night, I checked to see if people were lining up for the $24+2 Monday night qualifier and with ten minutes to go, they had 1/3 the entries they needed to give away the satellite seat. I'm not sure whether it's a general lack of interest in HORSE or whether people are intimidated by the prospects of fighting with pros (like me, koff koff) for the $50K seat.

The more I think about it, the more determined I am to win that seat. I would guess that there will be some fringe pros who will put up the $535 to play against qualifiers for a shot at the seat. I know I can compete favorably against other qualifiers, I'd like to see how I'd fare against some professionals, even if they're just "rounders". Since it only cost me $26 to find out, it would be worth every penny.

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Jestocost said...

Funny stuff. I have the same OCD with my Pokerroom account, but my -EV game of choice is $0.10 Deuces Wild video poker. Of course I managed to nearly quintuple my meager $27.50 bankroll last weekend when I hit four deuces.

If I ever get my new computer, I may take a stab at one of the FTP WSOP HORSE satellites. I think the $50K event would be a hoot.

Did you notice the major cop out, however? (I'm probably the only one who hadn't seen it yet.) The first two days of the event are limit HORSE, but the final table is strictly NLHE. I guess they can get the pros all fired up with the HORSE event, but still have a final table that the great unwashed will watch.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

HORSE eh? That sounds like a plan. I will try anything..lol

Hey, I been sending updates to the HUC3 Competitors, but I don't have your email address..

I have your table assignment on Full Tilt at 10 pm - HUC#3-TiltMonsters. Send me an email at yosoyveneno@yahoo.com for the password. Thanks!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Scarlett Hodge said...

Great read thaankyou

 

Post a Comment

<< Home