Monday, May 22, 2006

21 things nobody cares if I answer...

Not that TripJax axed me specifically or anything, but after reading several bloggers’ posts about these questions, I felt compelled to join in, if only to feel like I’m part of the “in” crowd, to validate my sad and pathetic existence.

Not really, but I felt like wallowing because I’m buried at work and need to work on something other than the 15-page proposal that’s due to my company’s President in a week.

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?

If you mean a NL tournament, it’s going all-in early in a tournament pre-flop with less than Aces. Put it this way, if you have Kings and the other assclown has something as lame as Ace-rag (and is stupid enough to call/push), you’re only 70-30 to win. In other words, 30% of the time you’ll be logging off at the end of the hand. If you really think you’re any good, you can outplay the field and get better odds later.

2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?

I hate limit, so I’m the wrong person to ask.

3. Why do you play poker?

Competition. Money matters, but not as much as the thrill of competition. Put it this way, I’ve got over a grand moldering in Neteller. If it was just about money, I’d have cashed that in a long time ago. Either that, or worked on my game to move up.

4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?

Spending time with my family. Or not. Probably wasting time on my computer playing games or fantasy sports.

5. What is your favorite poker book and why?

Haven’t read one. My mom saw me playing poker with friends, so she bought me Gary Carson’s book for Christmas a couple of years ago (it seems pretty basic), but I haven’t read it cover to cover.

6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?

I like Toto. Sometimes it seems like he’s not even looking at his cards.

7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?

Men the Master. He just seems like a pompous blowhard.

8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?

Not that I know of, but then not even my wife knows.

9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)?

Cash Game (live) $200
MTT (online) $550 (WPBT IV second place)
MTT (online) $535 (FullTilt WSOP Horse qualifier)

10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)?

I think about $100, I’m pretty chicken. If I lose, I walk.

11. Who was your first poker blog read?

CJ’s Up for Poker

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?

Oh, bluffs are cool, but I loooooove sucking out.

13. Why do you blog?

I’m one of those blustery types who likes my opinions to be heard, whether or not they’re welcome, whether or not they’re politically correct, whether or not anyone else cares.

14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?

Bloglines, though I visit to comment.

15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?

Nope. Poker is a fun little diversion, but I never want it to seem like work.

16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?

Only when I wear my tin foil shoes. It’s important to coordinate your accessories.

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?

A total disregard for money.

18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?

No, I concur with those that say Drizz is BRAVE for suggesting it, and his wife is COOL for accepting it.

19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?

Never go net-negative. So far, so good. Roughly + $2000 for my brief tenure.

20. What is your primary online site and why?

FullTilt and Stars, because I’ve had continuing success there with no losses.

21. What site do you dislike and why?

I dislike Party, but I’ll play there when they give me free money (like they did last week). I’m one of those anal guys that will poke around a site for a long time before I’ll deposit money, so I haven’t put any money into any really crappy sites yet. UB has totally effed up their SnG structures, so I won’t consider them anymore.

Side note: Party gave me $30 last week. I've already doubled that in a couple of SnGs. I'll try to run it up over $200, then cash out. If I lose it, que sera sera.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger doubleas said...

Not that I really care about what you think of Men the Master, but I will say that I sat with him for about 10 hours during the WSOP and chatted him a lot. We had a good time.

He is also very impressive in reading players' hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home