Friday, October 15, 2004

OK, here’s the argument starter. These are the pin-up girls that I never liked, girls that for some reason never caught my fancy, but seemed to be on the minds of a lot of guys my age in the 70’s and 80’s.

1. Bo Derek – I don’t know if it was the cornrows or the high cheekbones or the double-digit IQ, but I never liked her. One of my buddies, Mike, was enthralled by “10” and considered her a goddess. I thought she was just plain and just plain dumb.

2. Lynda Carter – Most guys seemed to like her primarily for the Wonder Woman costume and magic lasso. Granted, it adds an interesting dynamic, but she actually looks better in middle age than she did back then. Or maybe I’m just getting older too…

3. Marcia Brady – Yeah, I know it’s an actress, but if you saw her in the street, you wouldn’t say “Hey, isn’t that Maureen McCormick?”, you’d say “Hey, there’s Marcia!”. Like I said, there are some family reasons why Marcia also irritated me, with her haughtiness and hair tossing. Put black hair and almond eyes on her, and you’d have my older sister. Anyway, this is an issue for my shrink and not this blog.

4. Stevie Nicks – Y’know, from across a room, you might think she was attractive. Then you’d walk over, she’d have a cigarette in one hand, a bottle of Jack in the other, her eyes would be bleary and sunken from repeated heroin use, her dress would be stained with her own vomit and Lindsay Buckingham’s DNA, and the voice of Harry Kalas would rumble from her parched lips as she says “Buy you a drink?”. Thanks, but I’ll pass.

5. Deborah Harry – Her main appeal was that she looked like she’d do anyone, anytime, anywhere… with farm animals, farm implements, farm teams… in doorways, restaurants, churches… as Howard Stern would say “All three inputs”. Sheesh, I guess I was pretty sheltered, but I just never really understood the appeal of women who look that sleazy.

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

So basically you don't like women with thin features (thin lips, very thin face/neck) and protruding/strong facial bones. That is understandable, I don't either, and I'm one of them.

You also don't like bimbos, very understanable.

You don't like druggies, good sign.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home