Monday, November 01, 2004

For the last week or so, my cable modem was acting up, booting me from multiple SnGs and costing me upwards of $50 in buy-ins. I finally got Comcast to come out to check on the problem. When the technician saw my cable modem (3Com-US Robotics), he burst out laughing. “How long have you had that thing?”, he said.

“Umm, ever since I’ve had high-speed… maybe four or five years.”

“Well, this modem was probably a couple years old when you got it. I’d say you were lucky it lasted as long as it did. Most don’t make it past three years, four years tops.”

So, now I have a brand new cable modem at home. Undoubtedly, my poker play will now improve, since the faster, more reliable access will lead to better decisions on my part and fatter profits in the long run. Undoubtedly.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Wow... imagine how much money you'll win when you buy a new computer, too!

I've heard the "higher speed=more poker winnings" is written somewhere in the bible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home