Thursday, October 21, 2004

PokerStars Tournament #2868250, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $20.00/$2.00
133 players
Total Prize Pool: $2660.00
Tournament started - 2004/10/21 - 21:00:00 (ET)

Dear ToddCommish,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A $532.00 award has been
credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.


NO... Thank YOU!

I gotta post some love to all of the bloggers and poker groupies who cheered me on from the rail during my rollercoaster ride on the final table. I won a few suckouts, didn't lose any, and basically hung on and clawed my way to second place. During the final H2H against MtDewVirus, I made a brief run to the chip lead (interestingly, the only time the entire night I had the lead) before upchucking A2 vs. AK and losing basically the match right there.

Huge props to Iggy for the unbelievable 133 participants! Granted, many were there to watch Wil Wheaton, but still a huge accomplishment to pull such a huge crowd! Saw almost all the bloggers either at the rail or in the Yahoo chatroom, too many to name. I got down to the felt almost immediately, but managed to slowly build my stack while many more famous bloggers bit the dust. I'll post longer on some specific hands once I get the history and check it over. I'm thinking about having the South Korean Olympic team sue PokerStars to award me first place...

Whew! I love you all, man!

7 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Congratulations!!!!

I didn't get to see the end, and now I feel really bad about not mentioning you among the "bloggers who are left" before I disappeared! :-)

The hopes of bloggers everywhere rided on your shoulders and you made us proud! We all would have loved for you to win, but you certainly did a lot better than the rest of us!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger BG said...

Man! What a run that must have been! I'm pissed now I went to bed early. You were down early, in the 570 neighborhood, and I had 800ish, and I felt like I had to make something happen. Go figure. Great, great show...

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Ignatious said...

congrats! well done, you made the bloggers proud. :)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Sounds like you should have taken 1st. Loser. You're just lucky I'm on vacation.

I can't wait to take all that from you at a B&M.

Congrats beotch!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Congrats!! My connection went down at 11:30 and I couldn't watch :(

Glad you made it so far. Nicely done.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big congrats! I was at the table when you were moved over with a tiny stack - and watched you build, and build, and build some more. You definitely earned your money in this one.

Oh, and you tell Phillip Kirkland to shove those comps up his ass. Dead wife or not!

- Jason

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Blu said...

Very Nice Run - Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home