Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Vegas.

I’ve never been there completely as a tourist. Sure, I was there once for a team meeting for Compaq, but the majority of the time was already booked.

This time, it’s for a weekend with just one dinner pre-arranged. My wife’s sales group is being feted for selling a bunch of widgets or something (I wasn’t really listening when she told me the exact reason), and the widget manufacturer decided that spouses were invited to share the room. I had to spring for the airfare.

So I’ll be among the degenerates in Vegas during the weekend of February 23-25. I’m flying in Friday morning and leaving Sunday evening. And I’ll be with my lovely wife, so full-time poker is probably not an option, though she actually suggested I investigate the tournaments.

Neither one of us are into the tittie shows, nor do we feel like seeing some kiddie-friendly magic shows, so we booked tickets for Friday night to see Brad Garrett. His pre-Raymond stand-up was always good, so here’s hoping he’s back on track.

Are there any other suggestions for things to do or must-see places to see? Remember, we’re old (I’m 43, wifey is 46), and more like tourists than degenerates. Anyone have single-deck blackjack? Sit-and-go tournaments? Good food? Anyone need a bet placed on the MLB season?

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The garden at the Bellagio is a must see and the shark tank at Mandalay Bay doesn't suck.

For tourneys, hit up PokerProf's site for a full listing but I believe Aladdin had SnGs running all day.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

MGM also has SNG's, I think they are $50+15's and $100+25's, but I'm not 100% sure.

Structures are turbo-esque in nature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home