Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to the old grind. I’ve been busy for the last week getting certified to deliver Leadership and Customer Service training for an international training cartel. I know this because the certificate is sitting on the shelf right in front of me and I can read reasonably well. I’m not sure I can actually train any better than I could before the seminar, but now I have a certificate.

Anyway, a lot has happened in the last two weeks since my last post. Democrats have taken control of Congress, the 49ers have won two straight, Britney Spears has filed for divorce; the world as we know it… is changing.

As many predicted, the anti-Bush brigade had their way last week, and overwhelmingly shoved aside the Republicans in both houses, leading to wild cheering from the liberal ranks. Now comes the hard part.

No, I’m not talking about passing laws or distributing chairmanships, I’m talking about controlling the liberal zealots and not doing the exact things that led to their pre-November deficit to begin with. Of course, the liberals start by putting the botox-riddled corpse of Nancy Pelosi out in front of the party, which is roughly equivalent to the Republicans trotting out Jesse Helms or Strom Thurmond. It really points out just how truly out of touch the liberals are. They have a chance to lead the country with a centrist, and claim the middle 2/3 of the electorate by steering away from their traditional tax-and-spend and social welfare, but their first step is to put the most liberal douchebag possible in charge of the House.

Pelosi is the exact WRONG choice to be Speaker with her liberal Bay Area constituency. This shows that the Democrats stupidly believe the election to be an affirmation of their “values”, as opposed to a repudiation of Bush’s policies and values. Instead of promoting a LEADER for the masses, they trot out a shrieking harpy who will immediate alienate many of the moderates for both parties. So the Democrats continue to push their extremists into the forefront, completely ignoring the thoughtful moderates.

The smart thing would be for them to NOT change much of anything, and hope that the massive failures of the Bush Administration continue through the 2008 Presidential race. My guess is that they won’t be able to help themselves, and giddy with their “mandate”, will proceed to pass incredibly stupid social legislation along with some tax-the-middle-class-to-feed-the-poor taxes. And lose any chance at the White House in 2008.

I’m hoping that the US electorate remembers what happened the last time we had a Democratic congress and a Democratic president for a full term. Do Jimmy Carter and 16% interest rates ring a bell?

And I gotta say this little bit, even though it’s rather pointed to some of my five or so readers: If you voted for a candidate purely because of the UIGEA, you’re an idiot. With all of the things going on in the world, and all of the issues that will touch our children and our grandchildren, to put ANY voting weight at all on a fricking unenforceable gambling regulation is completely stupid.

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Micah Seymour said...

When you are proven completely wrong (and mean-spirited to boot) about Pelosi, I'll be back to say "I told you so".

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Meek said...

I'm 1 of your 5 readers, so at least 20% of us agree with you on the voting strictly on the UIGEA issue.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't vote a straight ticket (voted Pawlenty for Governor) but mostly I voted Democrat for a shake up, due to the Republicans wielding way too much power in Congress.

Checks and Balances hopefully will make a come back.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger gert said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home