Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I may have narrowly avoided a disaster of Hellmuthian proportions. Watching the 39857th replay of the 2004 WSOP last night, I saw a commercial for “the perfect Father’s Day gift, The First Season DVD of TILT!”. I said loudly, “Who the fuck would want that?”

My eleven-year old son said “I thought you liked that show. I think Mom was thinking about getting that for you.”

I shuddered and said “Go and tell your mother RIGHT NOW not to buy that piece of crap for me. If she already bought it, have it take it back!”

Trevor ran off dutifully and I heard him tell my wife what I said (not verbatim, but close). She came out later and told me that she was indeed thinking about getting it after hearing the commercial, but hadn’t made it to the store. THANK GOD!
==========================

Oh, and keep an eye on the comic strip Foxtrot. This week, the dad is gonna try Internet Poker. I was gonna post it, but don’t want to run afoul of the “syndicate”.


Please follow all copyrights associated from http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home