Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Still alive...

Well, it looks like I haven’t blogged in quite a while… Doesn’t really matter, but my one or two readers must be desperate for commish-related news.

Poker play has been lackluster at best. Only currently banking money at FullTilt (around $500) with about a grand sitting in Neteller. I just haven’t had the urge to play a lot lately. Sometimes (and this is a BAD thing), I’ll just pop onto a site and play a quick SnG and lose $20-30 faster than you can say Waffles. My interest level has diminished in my own play to the point where I’m making mathematically unsound plays out of boredom. It’s still interesting to me to read about poker (still check bloglines every day) and to watch poker on TV… I just don’t have the oomph to play.

Played in a home game this weekend, finished up $50 or so, after peaking at +$100 and buying in for $60. Played better during the home game than at any of the SnGs I’ve played in the last month, even though it was limit. I think I’m training myself to play limit better, but possibly at the expense of my NL game. Oh well. Two steps forward, one step back.

Glad you all had a great time in Vegas, props to all those who managed to cash in the ever growing WPBT tournament, especially for my old bud, the Donkeypuncher. I’m just wondering when a blogger (other than Wil) gets some face time on WSOP broadcasts, and is actually cited as being a blogger.

“Here is Paul McGuire, some internet readers may know him as ‘Pauly’, the blogger behind the popular ‘Tao of Poker’ blog. Norman, do you read his blog?”

“Gee, Lon, I can’t even spell ‘blog’, but my ex-wives could sure spell ‘alimony’”.

“Well, that’s because you’re a complete asshat and don’t know shit about anything. You must be blowing half of the ESPN programming staff just to get this gig, you fucking hack. Back to the main table, we see…”

Most of my non-poker leisure time has been taken up with Hardball Dynasty on WhatIfSports. My San Francisco Flaxseeds franchise is tied for first place in world #2, and my San Jose BadNewsBees franchise is struggling along at .500 in world #34. Oddly enough, I’m a “Hall-of-Famer” at WhatIfSports, an appellation they bestow upon geeks who waste more than $X on their site. There are around 1500 such designees and I’m not sure whether to be proud or mortified.

Anyway, in non-news, Michelle Wie didn’t make the cut on the PGA. This is a recording.

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

I'm #9! I'm #9!

Glad to see you're alive.

Felicia had a post today that touched on the difference between learning NL before Limit versus Limit before NL. Check it out.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

You need to take a trip to The Lodge....that would make poker fun.

(As if I knew, I never been there either.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home