Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bad week to be driving over a bridge or near a federal building, I would guess…

OK, apparently this al-Zarqawi is really dead this time. Now what? Do we think that the violent militants will suddenly fall apart and drop their weapons? And it was patently stupid of the military to show huge billboard-sized pictures of a peacefully DEAD al-Zarqawi. I mean, he looked totally at peace, which is exactly what we DON’T want the potential suicide bombing militants to believe. Seriously, why not partially sever his head with his eyes open or something? Then we could say, “This is what happens when you cut other people’s heads off! Not much fun, is it?”

Anyway…

I’m back over $500 at Full Tilt, playing primarily either $24 or $36 turbo SnGs. I’m not sure why turbo tourneys fit my style better, but I’ve always had remarkable luck (skill? serendipity?) at escalating blind games. Maybe it’s because I have the attention span of a mosquito in a Starbucks or something, maybe it’s because I have a (rumored) aptitude for playing the short stack, maybe I’m just a luckbox. In all likelihood, it’s because others don’t adapt their play to the accelerated structure and aren’t synchronized to the best times for aggressive/passive or loose/tight play. Whatever the reason, I’ve been doing well for years at Full Tilt, PokerStars, and even Party playing primarily single table turbos.

My 16th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. SIXTEEN. YEARS. I probably won’t play any poker tomorrow. Probably.

Oh, and the World Cup starts today. Zzzzzzzzzzzz… What’s the over/under on 0-0 draws in the first round?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home