Friday, October 28, 2005

NFL picks - Week Eight

OK, time to put my imaginary money where my real mouth is.  I’m giving you my five-star specials for free this week.  Just call 1-888-Commish for the picks.  That’s 1-888-Commish.  Operators are standing by.  I’ve never felt more strongly about my picks, and that’s why I’m giving away my five-star specials.  1-888-Commish.

Enough commercials.  I’ll see how well I can do with an imaginary $1000 bankroll, taking the point spreads from Yahoo.  $55 to win $50 unless otherwise noted.

Oakland (-1) at Tennessee – I have a big problem with one point spreads.  I mean, what’s the frickin’ point?  Either the team is better or it ain’t.  The Raiders are better.

New England (-9) over Buffalo – This one smells like a 20+ point spread.  If New England gets an early lead (and they will), they’ll pound the ball on the ground.  Buffalo has an atrocious run defense as well as a horrible passing offense, meaning that the deficit will balloon like Jason Giambi on the juice.  Bet two units ($110) on this one.

Pittsburgh (-10) over Baltimore – Take a practical approach here.  Figure Pittsburgh is good for at least 20 pts, possibly 27.  Now, how can Baltimore score 10 points?  Answer: They can’t.   And they might even run negative (give up more points on offense than they can score).

Washington at New York (over 42 total points) – Check the weather before betting this one.  If the temperature is above 50 degrees, no precipitation, and wind is less than 20mph, bet this one.  It could be a track meet.  Quick check of weather.com shows prediction of around 60 degrees.  

So, $275 bet this week.  We’ll see.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

You should take that money and put it on the under for every Bears game. I've only lost that bet once once this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home