Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sigh. In a training room in Texas. Courtyard DFW for those of you keeping score (or stalking me). Travel sucks. Nothing against Texas… or Dallas for that matter… I could be in Denver or Phoenix or New York or Chicago… it doesn’t matter. Travel sucks.

This trip is particularly irritating. A couple of managers decided that I need to audit a regional ad-hoc training, ostensibly so we can determine whether this particular method and/or trainer is preferable to SOP. They determined this on FRIDAY, so I had to book a flight to get here on MONDAY. Naturally, by that time, direct flights cost about as much as a small car, so I had to connect to get here on ArizonaAir (AKA America West). I attempted to book a stopover in Las Vegas, but our travel group didn’t get adequate airline kickbacks to rationalize that path.

So now I’m sitting in this damn room, pretending I’m taking notes.

One positive note… remember that bonus Party threw my way a month or so ago? I’ve built that little stake into $100+ on Party. It took a win in a $10+1 O8 last night to do it. I just need to remember to uninstall the Party software before I get my laptop back to the office. So my next goal is to build the Empire bonus over $100 as well (right now it’s at $50+). Maybe I’ll download that one tonight…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home